15 February 2013

My Nokia Blog

My Nokia Blog


Gallery: Me and my Yellow Nokia Purity Pros :D and Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 – Unboxing Dilemma (pics by 920)

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 04:39 PM PST

MNBWP_20130214_120

 

So, I’ve just spent a Valentine’s evening dinning with Nokia and Nokia Connects, that would be eventful enough that I should call it a day, resign myself to my hotel bed for the early start tomorrow (well it’s already Friday).

But how can I sleep knowing there’s a box in my bag that contains something I’ve been anticipating more in the past few months more than anything? Could you? I told myself not to touch it. I told myself I’ll do the unboxing when I get home. I’ll have my equipment, my lighting, white surfaces, my DSLR, my tripod, my video editing stuff.

I said to myself, I’ll take a picture with the box. That’ll be fine, right?

One eye and the Purity box :)

[BTW, I (Jay Montano) have never really shown a picture of myself on this blog. Only recently did I change my profile pic where my face is actually visible. Kinda. I have COVETED the Nokia Purity Pros so much, I have lusted for them for so long that I will come out and show you me and my Yellow Nokia Purity Pros, some with the 920, all taken by the 920. (These have been processed/compressed for watermarks). ]

MNBWP_20130214_072

 

Just to have some closure with the evidence that this box of Purity Pros, is not in anyone’s hands. It’s in mine :D

MNBWP_20130214_075

What if….I just peek into the hinge-flap? I’ve still not opened it, right? It’ll still be fresh? Look, I’m almost touching them to my ear :D (#desperatetoplaywiththem)

MNBWP_20130214_074Yup, I Can restrain myself from opening it without filming an unboxing.

MNBWP_20130214_080I’ve got willpower!

MNBWP_20130214_083OK. That’s the box done. We’re not going to open it further. I’m going to bed.

Oh, but wait. There’s a box inside a box. I can slide the other one out and I’ll still only be looking at the box right?

But, I’ll have to take the security sticker off that seals it? Seeing that on an unboxing is nice. No one will notice.

MNBWP_20130214_084Hang on a minute. This has a flap too! I can open that without taking the Purity Pros out of the box!
MNBWP_20130214_085It’s sooo pretty!

Precious!

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious!

MNBWP_20130214_087I was too far gone. I’m already here, I might as well take it out.

I give it a tug. It might be friction keeping it stuck somewhere.

Tug again. Hmm. It’s not budging.

What’s going on? Oooh. There’s some plastic ties attaching it.

I don’t have scissors. I can’t cut it. I’ll have to wrap it back up…unless…

…aha! You can untwist these plastic wraps from the back and free the Nokia Purity Pros!

MNBWP_20130214_098

I’ve kept the plastic on. I swear I won’t take that off. :)

Whenever I see headphones, I like knowing what they’d look like on someone’s head. So here they are on mine.


MNBWP_20130214_100

 

I am soooo happy with these.

MNBWP_20130214_138 MNBWP_20130214_145Side view

MNBWP_20130214_111Close up/blurry back view?

MNBWP_20130214_114Engraved NFC

MNBWP_20130214_117BTW they’re really comfy. Light, but good grip on your head!

It doesn’t squish my hair too much.

MNBWP_20130214_119

 

 

They look good around your neck too :)

MNBWP_20130214_150

 

MNBWP_20130214_159

Now just messing around

MNBWP_20130214_125 MNBWP_20130214_126

I can’t get enough of how these look! I love these Purity Pros!MNBWP_20130214_128The DJ one cup one ear pose.

MNBWP_20130214_152OK what the hell am I doing. It’s now it’s time for bed.

920 has been crying for the charger for a while anyway.

MNBWP_20130214_163I didn’t come to visit Nokia just for this. I actually didn’t know the Purity Pros would be there (though I prayed they would!). I’m here to film some SwitchtoLumia videos. :) Got to sleep in the next hour!

I hope you guys liked the pictures of the Purity Pros, and I hope the ones who want one will be able to get theirs ordered/delivered soon!

I’ve repackaged the NPPs in the box. NightNight :)

Nokia Not Seeing Much Demand for QWERTY Devices?

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 01:42 PM PST

According to an Interview WMPU had with a product manager in Germany; when asked about QWERTY devices (the last QWERTY smartphones were the E7 & E6 iirc) he replied:

 Nokia concentrates on the consumers' demand and QWERTY models are not being requested that much. It is no secret that touch only devices are actually the most wanted devices, and Nokia wants to focus on the customers' desires.

Of course I know a lot of you are personally huge fans of QWERTY devices, especially if they looked anything like the beauty above; so hopefully we will see one soon.

*Note: there seems to be a common misconception on every post we write with QWERTY devices tht Windows Phone doesn’t support them; so once again yes it does (google Dell Venue pro)

Source

Nokia Music Site Redesigned; Ditches All Signs of Old Ovi Branding

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 12:57 PM PST

Untitled

 

Alongside today’s initial roll-out of Nokia Music+ for Lumia devices; the online site, Music.Nokia.com has just received a sleek new UI refresh in the form of a new HTML5 browser site, similar to the recently revamped official nokia site. The new site ditches all signs of the previous OVI markings (it was one of the few remaining Nokia services that still used the Pink/White color scheme as well as some other signs of the Ovi brand.

The new layout brings a streamlined interface, showing the top songs/albums as soon as you open the site; making it much easier to find new songs rather than the honestly distracting previous site design which was a bit overloaded with content that you had no idea where to look. Currently the new interface is available for the UK and Ireland site; and should hopefully roll out to other regions soon.Check out the redesigned site over here:

http://music.nokia.com/gb/en/

 

We’re @1000Heads/@Nokia_Connects HQ (Yellow @Nokia Purity Pros in hand :D)

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 11:06 AM PST


MNBWP_20130214_034

 

Quick heads up! So excited right now getting to see Katie, Frank, Paul, Megan, Joel and co from 1000Heads/WOMWorld/Nokia Connects.

To ramp up the excitement factor even more, check this out! ZOMG, ZOMG, ZOMG!

Nokia Purity Pros in Yellow! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Valentine’s Day love at first sight!

 

MNBWP_20130214_041

 

Nokia Music+ Now Live (in UK) + Free 7 day Subscription

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 11:00 AM PST

BDFfnPdCMAADpIA

Heads up guys, Nokia Music+ has just stared rolling out to users (currently a couple people in the UK region- My self included, have gotten the update); you can sign up for a free no catches 7 day trial; after which you can stay subscribed for a low $3.99 a month. You can find the upgrade option under the settings menu in you Nokia Music app.

After subscribing to the 7 day trial (or the full month) you isntantly get the new features activated; which include unlimited skips, unlimited offline mixes (previously limited to 4), higher quality music streaming (on WiFi only) as well as on screen lyrics for songs.

wp_ss_20130214_0003 wp_ss_20130214_0004
wp_ss_20130214_0002thanks for the tip dkm1101

 

Switch Comic: Offline Maps #SwitchComics

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 07:29 AM PST

404868_10151307644826523_396205834_nHere’s another Switch comic, this time showing off the immense benefit of having offline maps in your pocket on the go, to save on those data charges. Although if I recall correctly Google Maps now supports offline mapping and navigation? Or was it just route planning without turn by turn instructions?

Either way this comic just reminded me to download some maps for my upcoming “trip” ;)

-Side Note: Why aren’t these switch comics being used as little bus station adverts (or those plastic stands on the islands on main streets?) You could put a bunch of them after each other on the same road and essentially advertise every strong point of Lumias in within a stoplight.

 

Source

 

Nokia Counters App For WP 7.5 Updated; Now With Live Tile

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 07:20 AM PST

8 of 8

Nokia Counters is one of the cooler (and more useful) Nokia exclusive apps out there; the app keeps track of your calls, Texts and data usage to keep you from going over the limit. The app was just updated to bring a live tile and keep you informed from your start screen (previous live tile was just a shortcut).

Unfortunately the app doesn’t work on WP8 devices (I get the error needs Wvga screen resolution) – which makes me curious does this work on the 820 and 620? or do they get some other BS error?

You can download the app/update from here:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/counters/dd91f5d5-9cf8-4d1d-8fba-beaa01fafa47

QRCode

VIA

Rumour: Nokia joining Apple and dumping Samsung as supplier?

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 03:34 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-02-14 at 11.30.49

 

 

AppleInsider (who still seems to be bitter from Samsung’s alleged copying of Apple products) reckons that Nokia along with Apple are going to be reducing dependence on Samsung by dropping them as a supplier.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/02/13/nokia-rumored-to-join-apple-in-dumping-samsung-as-a-supplier

Apparently, by using Samsung as a supplier, you tend to get your products ripped off.

“The ‘firewall’ between component sales and smartphones [at Samsung],” individual familiar with Nokia’s component orders from Samsung states, is “about as sturdy as a pile of kimchi.”

The individual stated that Samsung has “a record of getting orders for next-gen components, then canceling the orders. And then they show up in a Samsung phone. When you see a Samsung ‘bendy’ OLED phone as you surely will, you are looking at something that was stolen from Nokia.

Now, who is this source and where will Nokia and Apple turn to instead of Samsung?

Cheers jiipee for the tip!

Nokia Lumia 620 sold out on O2 promo, (price back up now, due for 7-day delivery)

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 11:21 PM PST

Screen Shot 2013-02-14 at 00.45.55Were any of you lucky enough to get the promo Nokia Lumia 620 from O2 for £119.99?  Tom Forth tweeted us saying he got his this morning but linked us to the page above where they were out of stock! A few readers noted some retail stores were very quickly out of stock.

O2 has put the price back up and has placed a 7-day delivery (when they can get stock back from Nokia perhaps).

At £149.99-£224, reviewers had already noted this was how an entry level smartphone should be, and that it was the best WP due to all the features for that little price. What more when it was just £119.99?

Were you able to get one at that price?

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/nokia/lumia-620/

Screen Shot 2013-02-14 at 07.19.35Cheers Tom for the tip!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment