10 November 2013

My Nokia Blog

My Nokia Blog


Video: At&t’s Lumia 1520 Mobile Minute

Posted: 09 Nov 2013 11:29 AM PST

DSC04227Although the Lumia 1520 isn’t on sale yet, pre-orders for the device have opened up; and At&t have begun their promotional campaign for the device. Below is At&t’s mobile minute, which gives a quick run down of the 1520′s specs in one minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuTsUYqx_8o

Hopefully we’ll see some nice commercials for the 1520, something along the type of the “Don’t fight, switch” campaign.

Thanks for the tip Alvester

Weekend Watch: Wowsers! What Quad Microphones sound like on the Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted: 09 Nov 2013 09:35 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 17.25.20

 

Nokia phones have always quietly excelled. Audio was one of the earliest places I remembered being in awe of what Nokia was producing in comparison to their competition. I remember the first time I was able to record stereo audio on my Nokia N93 and blown away. Time and time again, they made videos much more of an experience by capturing truer quality audio. Rich recording on the Nokia 808 PureView launched Nokia’s audio recording to new heights, so much so that those HAAC mic’s got nicked by hadtocopypasta. In their Lumia line, high quality recording became a standard. The 1020 as well as fantastic video brought some sweet stereo rich recording audio. Sneakily, the 9xx series had stereo audio recording activated in a software update. Now in the Nokia Lumia 1520, we have, not just one, not two, not three but FOUR microphones.

I waited until I got back to my uni house where there’s a 5.1 surround system set up (Logitech Z906). Oh my wow. It’s recommended that you play these on some headphones (don’t bother with built in laptop speakers or via a phone/tablet).

Something else overlooked – the video is also shot from the 1520. It looks amazing! (Good angles, good slow panning shots, great editing). Nice big 6″ viewfinder and additional memory card slot in case you fill up that 32GB internal space with all those videos.

Weekend Watch: Nokia Lumia 1020 films on a copter over Poland

Posted: 09 Nov 2013 09:13 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 17.08.24

Check out the 1020 clad copter. Nokia Poland had been teasing snippets of clips for a while and these are the shots that they’ve put together. I think they look great. There are parts where I think if they left it out could have looked even better (like where the motors are shaking the 1020 a little too much) but otherwise, it looks wonderful.

I think this could be edited together to look like an epic movie trailer.

Poll: Lumia 1520 & 2520; What Color Will You Get?

Posted: 09 Nov 2013 12:12 AM PST

WP_20131022_17_43_01_Pro

With the Lumia 2520 and 1520 launch date approaching (November 22nd) it’s time for Nokia fans like us to start counting our pennies and checking under our couch cushions; but there’s one more thing even more difficult than finding the proper funds. Yes, choosing which color to get; there is no shortage of options when buying a Lumia and that makes your decision even harder, plus the age old matte vs glossy comes into play again.

WP_20131022_14_54_07_ProFor me the 1520 decision is narrowed down to either matte white or matte yellow; as the glossy red looks *too* shiny, on such a large surface, it almost gives off a *cheap* vibe in my opinion. The white and yellow both look great in my opinion, and I’ve been personally leaning towards a combo of a white 1520 with a yellow case like the one below (skip to 2:50), but I will probably get it in whatever color comes out the victor in the poll below (plus I’ve yet to have  a yellow phone):

The 2520 decision is even harder, as both the white and red versions are glossy (unlike the 1520 where the white is matte); plus let’s not forget the amazing keyboard accessory case that comes in both red and black.

Nokia-Lumia-2520-colours1

 

For me I was leaning towards a red Lumia 2520 + a black accessory keyboard (since the black won’t pick up stains as easy), but that was before I realized it was a glossy red. Now I don’t know what to think, except that I won’t be getting the white one, the inverse of my first decision (black tablet + red case) is still an option, but I’m not sure yet.

DSC04270

So what do you guys think? Which color will you go for? Which color should I go for?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment